Comment on page
To begin using Speedboat, you will need to do 3 things:
MetaMask is a Web 3.0 wallet and the "gateway to blockchain apps". You will need one to use Speedboat as we currently only support MetaMask.
- Once you have downloaded MetaMask, you will be asked to create a wallet
- Once you have put in a password, you will be shown a seed phrase.
- Write this down and store it somewhere secure, preferably offline.
NEVER SHARE YOUR SEED PHRASE WITH ANYONE
Polygon is an L2 network, a protocol and framework built on top of an existing blockchain network. In this instance, Polygon is built on top of Ethereum. It offers faster transaction speeds and lower transaction costs. Speedboat V1 is currently only available on Polygon, you can learn more about the Polygon Network here: https://polygon.technology/
There are 2 ways to add the Polygon Network to your Metamask wallet:
- You will receive a MetaMask notification. Click on Approve and the network will be added to your wallet. You will also be switched to the network
- Click on the Metamask Extension on your browser
- Click on the Network Selection dropdown menu
- Click on Custom RPC
- A form will open up for you to fill
- In the Network Name field, enter
- In the New RPC URL field, enter
- In the Chain ID field, enter
- In the Currency Symbol field, enter
- In the Block Explorer URL field, enter
You have now successfully added the Polygon Network to your wallet!
MATIC is the Polygon Network's native currency. It is used to pay for transaction fees on the network, staking, and governance. There are a few ways to obtain MATIC
- 1.Purchase it on a centralized exchange like Binance, Coinbase, Huobi, Bitkub, or KuCoin and then transfer it to your Metamask wallet
- 2.If you've been on other networks such as Ethereum, BSC, or Fantom, you can bridge some tokens over with the Synapse Bridge.
- 1.When you bridge your assets over using Synapse, they will provide you with some tokens to pay for gas
- 2.You can then swap your bridged assets into MATIC